These are some things I’ve learned [about myself] since I started blogging:
1. I can fit my camera in my purse.
2. I have a lot to say.
3. It doesn’t take much to make a blogging moment.
4. I’m really annoyed when people don’t comment on my blog. Consider this roll call: all readers, please sign in (and, if it’s not obvious, i’d love to know how you found me). Just curious. “Present” or “I’m here” will do.
5. I’m super proud of myself for blogging daily for a full month.
6. You can be addicted to blogging.
7. At first I didn’t want anyone to know about or read my blog; now I’m totally annoyed to have to explain things to people who should already know certain things from reading my blog. {aimee shaw}
8. I crave Damon’s approval.
9. It’s not as hard as I thought it would be. It feels great to be doing something I’ve wanted to do for years.
10. It takes way too long to go through the process of posting a comment.
11. I love using parantheses [{(and there are 3 different types on my keyboard!)}].
12. I think the word “awesome” is awesome.
13. I’m too lazy to punctuate and capitalize correctly. It’s much easier to write freely without worrying about capitalization and punctuation. Misspelled words still make me very anxious (unless they’re in a comment because how do you edit those? annoying).
14. I actually like the look of no capitalization.
15. I am an irresponsible blogger: I am not disciplined enough to continue with my regular household duties when I have blogging to do.
16. I have fooled myself into believing that blogging is actually being productive.
17. My sister is way better at blogging than I am. Reading her post is the highlight of my day.
18. I really love and miss my sister(s).
19. I can take my own picture. My pictures don’t have to be perfect.
20. I know what HYPERLINK means and how to use it.
21. I like reading my family’s blogs more than any others.
22. My posts are really lengthy. (sorry- I’m working on it)
23. What the heck is Twitter?
24. I can offend people by both the things I say AND the things I write. I’m great at that.
25. I probably just offended somebody.
26. Amber has a blog? And Jason too?
27. I can’t blog about some of the things I really want to talk about because s/he may be reading my blog.
28. Is there a way to EDIT comments without completely deleting and starting over (I used to be intrigued when I saw a comment REMOVED BY AUTHOR; ooh- wonder what they said that was so offensive? now, I just think they made a mistake that bugged them and they had to re-comment.)? lame.
29. For January being a fairly slow month (no vacations, birthdays [except mine!], holidays, events), 704 [completely combed through] pictures in my January 2009 folder seems like overkill. I’m working on that, too.
30. It’s painful trying to post from Blogspot. Windows Live Writer is way easier. I still have lots to learn.
31. I can blog from McDonald’s Playland, which is what I’m doing right now.
32. I still have 334 days to go. I am only 1/12 of the way there. I think I can do it. Stay with me.
33. My mom will think it’s significant that I have 33 things.
Technorati Tags: blogging
I'm signing in for rollcall, but I feel sort of veteranish in the blogging world, so please consider this advice:
ReplyDeleteYou're not allowed to be annoyed if people don't comment. People can't comment on every blog they read. AND, there is no blogging guilt. No guilt for not writing, no guilt for not writing the right thing, no guilt for not reading others', no guilt for misspelled words, no guilt for not commenting. And on and on. Life is better with no blogging guilt and very low blogging expectations.
Thanks for the advice, Emily. This advice applies to everyone except my family. No need [or time] to comment on every post, I agree. But it's such a great {missed} opportunity to connect and keep in touch.
ReplyDeleteYou are a true veteran. I have learned lots from you. Thanks for checking in.
Checking in... and why didn't you blog about all the wonderful friends you met with for your late birthday celebration. Also, you already know I am a horrible speller I refuse to be worried about your editing! OH and I love your blog!!
ReplyDeletechecking in...just for your info, I check this 3 or 4 times a day and love when there is a new post. I'm enjoying getting to know so many things about my own sister!!
ReplyDeletestaci-
ReplyDeleteif you had your own blog you wouldn't have to check 3 or 4 times a day; you could link my blog on the side and it would let you know when there was a new post. I'm just sayin....
Hey, that was a great post. I need to be more creative with my posts. I haven't read any past posts but I will... I have to finish primary stuff tonight and then shop for food for the Super Bowl! I'll come back to this. Glad you find you on here. It will be fun to get to know you more. How lame is it that we're cousins and I don't even know you?
ReplyDeleteYou already know I'm reading, but here I am checking anyway. :)
ReplyDeleteYay for blogging! Your blog is way fun/interesting/entertaining/touching/inspirational.
I mean checking IN. There's that whole lack of editing problem again. ;-D
ReplyDeletehere~
ReplyDeleteoh~ I love your blog too. It inspires me to write more on mine. Happy blogging!
ReplyDeleteDon't know you... but read your blog. I know... a little creepy, but I know your sister Kristin, Jeff, lil' Luke and your mom. Kristin was in my ward before she moved and she posted about your brother and added a link for an explanation and yes... I looked... and read on and fell in love with your entire family and now wait anxiously for your everyday comments. -Checkin' in- I hope you don't care.
ReplyDeletesorry i didn't post earlier. andy was online really late. but i totally agree with and understand your blogging experiences. i laughed a lot and andy didn't quite understand why it was so funny. i keep wanting to pat myself on the back, too, but then i realize it's only january (technically, now february). keep it up. thanks for accepting this challenge with me. and by the way, i totally taught you the capitalization thing and i am not a way better blogger than you!
ReplyDeletePresent.
ReplyDeletethis is pretty lame, amy, but I've been thinking of things I would post on a blog like showing my finished quilts and darling aprons I just made for my girls this week....but one HUGE excuse is that I'm too lazy to figure out how to do it and I have NO ONE here that would even have a clue to help me out. I don't even know how to get notified when blogs get updated like your original comment above stated. I have been checking out cameras though because I'm hating the one I have.....and then I read your blog that you take a camera with you in your purse and now I have to "rethink" what kind of camera I should get......or maybe get a big, good one and also a small one........who knows????
ReplyDeleteI'm here, too. I check several times a day. And this may not take because there is no word to verify in the box. I tried to install the Microsoft writer thing like Brooke told me to do and it wouldn't work. That's another thing Damon needs to check for. (Do you still read your e-mails now that you are a blogger?) also, where do you find 3 different parentheses And, Staci, Brooke can set up a blog for you...she did one for me. I still don't know how to use it very well, but I'm slowly learning a little more each day...and you could post all of those sports picftures that I know you must have:
ReplyDeleteHi Amy,
ReplyDeleteI'm a lurker too. But a 'related' lurker. I'm Brooke & Andy's sister in law. (Whether they like it or not) :) Really Brooke & you by extension were one of the reasons I recently started blogging as well. I'm not an everydayer, but I do enjoy a place to sort out my thoughts. And...after lurking on all these blogs around I thought it is only fair to open myself up too. So thanks to you and Brooke for your blogging compact. Also I feel like I could be your friend. I'm just a 'little' bit older (few months, I know this because of your b-day post) have 5 kids and one of them is even a Savanna. :) I recently had two of my commentors 'meet' each other on my blog so it really is fun to make new friends this way. Now that I've made a way too long comment I hope you will forgive me for being a lurker. :)
I'm with Emily. It's nice to get comments, but you can't be offended when friends and family don't. And are you using google reader. "It changed my life," as Emily promised it would.
ReplyDeletePing (geek speak for roll call).
ReplyDeleteNot as exhaustive as your list... but here are three things I learned about you in your month...
1. You're funny. I like that. Makes it easy to keep up.
2. I'm curiously interested in your life and your family. If I'd have known your life was this interesting I might have called more than twice a year ;-)
3. Now I no I can rilly drive you crazy by not speeling evrything the write way. That's good information for an older brother to here. Don't worry, tho... I won't use it to much.
Hi! Even though you never told me about your blog...I found you. And even though You've never been to my blog, I read you.
ReplyDeleteAnd now that I've comment on yours....when is it my turn?
I laugh when you say that you offend people. It's funny, so funny, because You're cool Amy, how could you ever offend anyone in spoken or written word.
And I've shared your leotard blog with all my family members, since we did something like that to my baby sister (it was a stuffed animal monkey swimsuit).
I LOVE LONG POST
and I love photos
And I like you, more than you like me.
[[{{PRESENT}}] So you've guilted me into announcing my presence. Guess I can't be a blog lurker anymore :o) {{Found you thru Brooke}}
ReplyDeletei'm going to be really obnoxious ..
ReplyDelete.. and keep posting ...
ReplyDelete.. as many times as i want to ...
ReplyDelete.. because i'm not bitter ..
ReplyDelete.. that all your posts ...
ReplyDelete.. have like 30 comments ..
ReplyDelete.. and my blog comments ...
ReplyDelete.. max out at two ..
ReplyDelete.. good for you ..
ReplyDeleteAmy,
ReplyDeleteWonderful post as usual.....I love to read all about the fun things your family does especially when Jillian spends most of her time there at at her "2nd home". You are a great blogger, Jillian & I were just saying the other night that you should be a writer. I may not comment everyday but I do try to read everyday. It always puts a smile on my face.
not a valid excuse, staci. Nice try, though. Antone that has already gone trough the process of setting up a blog would set one up for you. so, no more excuses, k. Amy, i am constantly checking my blog to see if you or brooke or matt or anyone for that matter has posted because it gives me something to read about. but more importantly, it lets me in on what's going on with everybody. i like that. so even if i don't comment very often, i am reading.
ReplyDeleteWow. You HAVE learned a lot. I'm signing in from work and will probably be reprimanded if Big Bro is watching. So I love your blog and will refer my only blogging sister to it because she's awesome like you, and her blog is so funny. Her name is Noelle.
ReplyDeletepresent. and kicking myself for getting on your blog today because you have written a lot since i last read and now i have to catch up before i clean my house. you have some explaining to do when ryan gets home to a mess. i'll have him call you. simply explain that you blog every single day and it is my obligation to read your blog. thanks.
ReplyDelete