Monday, January 26, 2009

Should I be concerned?

Ray is ALL-BOY.  Well, sort of.

When it comes to loving cars, Legos, trains, trucks, riding his bike, Danger, annoying his siblings, peeing on the seat of the toilet, etc. this is true.  But when it comes to dressing up, he has many options.  He could be the adorable fire-fighter (you know, the one I paid 50 bucks for at Gymboree several years ago) or Buzz Lightyear, even a boxer or a super cool race-car driver (which I also paid top-dollar for).  And sometimes he is. 

But, on a typical day, he looks like this:

2009 01 895

2009 01 1083  2009 01 1084 2009 01 1087

2007 October 2 204 2007 October 2 2022007 October 2 201 

This is what he was for Halloween in 2007.  He was going to wear that cool Race-car driver get-up, but when he saw Savannah in her beautiful princess dress, he thought he was getting ripped off.  So- a dress he wore, along with a Fire Captain’s hat, for good measure.  Doesn’t he look manly?

Oct 31 2007 (55)

And I couldn’t do this post without throwing in these pictures of him from last year. 

Look carefully.  The first picture is actually the AFTER picture.  That is how this lovely leotard is supposed to be worn.  The next couple pictures are what happened when a then-3-year-old boy is left to himself to figure out the complexities of wearing ice-skating costumery (don’t think that’s a real word, but it should be). 
Hurry and look at the following pictures before Damon makes me remove them. 

03 2008 06603 2008 056

Doesn’t look so bad- does it?  Keep looking…

03 2008 062      03 2008 060

This is the neck-hole where his head should have gone.  The “legs” are actually the sleeves and the Pocahontas-style shoulder strap thing is the crotch.  Go ahead, scroll back up, see for yourself.

I don’t know if I’ve ever laughed so hard in my life.  Poor guy didn’t even have a clue he was wearing it wrong.  Hadn’t even noticed the draft. 

And back to my original question: 
Should I be concerned?

Technorati Tags:

13 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

    Oh, I needed a good laugh. Thanks! Don't let Damon rob everyone of a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amye, I don't know you but I found your blog through Sarah (Haslip's) and I don't usually comment on blogs I lurk, but I cannot resist. This is the funniest thing I've ever seen on a blog! No, really. Thanks for sharing and making a strange woman in Kennewick smile!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like he inherited a few habits from Bryce. Hilarious pictures. You should save those for his roast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't be concerned. Remember sunday's RS lesson? Laugh more! We all need a little laughter and Rayray is sure filling the bill for lots of us! I hope Damon doesn't take this righteous piece of laughter off your blog :)
    Thanks for the good, long, deep laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMy, I laughed out loud and who doesn't need a good out loud laugh? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sooooo funny! I am surprised Damon has not removed all traces of this.

    Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um.....this is classic! I am laughing so hard! Thanks for making me smile today. And......I don't think you need to be concerned unless he still wants to do that in Jr. High! :)

    Well....gotta run! My sister Holly needs to see this before her son comes down dressed as the little merman!

    Lots of Love! ------Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahahahahaaa he should come join ELi! He loves dress up too! I have some scary pitures I have been avoiding on my blog to post. Thanks for breaking the ice a bit, scratch that a lot! lol Thanks for the good laugh today it made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're just lucky enough that he had sense to keep that opening in the backside.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That last comment was from my darling husband. Xoxo Amy W.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Funny!!! I just showed this to Bob and the first thing he said is it's a good thing he didn't get it upside down AND backwards

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL! Wow. I love it! And no, I dont think you should be concerned. Especially since he's got a sister so close in age. Will loves Barbie movies... granted he doesn't dress in dresses... :) but no, I dont think there's anything to worry about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh many this is TOO funny. My eyes are tearing up. Eric is going to be so glad that Owen doesn't have sisters after he sees this one. He likes to dress up too...(Owen, not Eric)

    ReplyDelete

yes, please.