 | 1. He is outgrowing his pants (aka he was wearing highwaters). 2. He is very considerate and respectful towards others, including me. 3. He talked almost non-stop and loved having me there. 4. His lunch card read SEE CASHIER. He only had 75 cents left on his lunch account. |
 | 5. He gets to go to the front of the lunch line if he buys; to the end if he brings his lunch- no wonder he’s always begging me to buy. 6. He ate all of his lunch (Teriyaki Dippers), while I didn’t finish mine (he thought that was pretty funny). 7. He is usually so upset everyday when he gets home from school because he didn’t have enough time to finish his lunch and therefore get to his dessert. He almost always brings home his treat from his lunch (so obedient, that child). Today I let him eat his cookies (his allotted ONE plus my allotted ONE {even though, “you’re not allowed to share food, mom”}) BEFORE he was done with his lunch. Another toothless smile. |
 | 8. He was supposed be a lunch worker today. Halfway down the corridor, he stopped and panicked (perfect time to snap a picture- right?) when he realized he was supposed to be a lunch worker. When he ran back to get his badge, he was elated when he discovered his teacher had found a replacement for him because his mom was there to spend time with him. “Now I don’t have to wipe down all the lunch tables and clean up the lunchroom! Awesome!” |
 | 9. In the lunchroom: There is ASSIGNED SEATING. It’s very loud and overwhelming. A teacher reads a book over a microphone during lunch to keep the kids entertained. It’s survival of the fittest in the lunchline. Nobody cares if you don’t make these choices everyday and need a little bit of time to decide if you want peas or shredded carrots on your salad- not even your son who has long left you fending for yourself. |
 | 10. He loves to play the extra large chess game at recess (I didn’t really LEARN this, but it was still fun to watch). I helped him wheel it out, left to go get something from the car, and when I came back he was already fully into a game of chess with lots of his friends, happy as a boy can be. I snapped a few pics and kissed him goodbye, still smiling. |
Me: What has been your favorite part of your day so far, Nolan?
N: Well, it hasn’t happened yet, but I think it’s going to be after 3rd recess when we make our gingerbread men.

I think I made it up to him, but it wouldn’t surprise me if he still “didn’t have a very good day” because that’s what he always answers when I ask him how his day was. Forever a pessimist
No comments:
Post a Comment
yes, please.