Saturday, January 18, 2014

uhhh

it's after midnight.  woops.
It's my birthday eve (if we're not not being literal with the time), and I'm doing exactly what I want to be doing right now:  staying up late and creating; and not what I should be doing right now:  cleaning the kitchen.  and I guess I lost major track of time (and possibly forgot I was supposed to even be blogging in the first place).

here's what I'm working on and trying to get just right for the tween girls in our cruise gift exchange group:

(it's a bracelet)

I am using black Sculpey clay and cutting out a circle (with a punched out paper circle that I cut around with a razor blade) and then creating a Mickey Mouse head using 2 different sizes of straws to punch through the clay.  Then I used a metal alphabet set to stamp the name of the ship (Wonder) and the year.  I baked it and painted over the entire thing with blue acrylic paint and then wiped it off (leaved blue inside the stamped letters/numbers and blue-ish tint all over).  Emma created the band out of blue (glow-in-the-dark) rubber bands. 

I actually think it's pretty cool.  especially considering how much I'm winging it. 

but really it's just cool to be up later than everybody and have the best excuse in the world to be avoiding my real responsibilities.  When I reminded Elli it was "my birthday tomorrow" earlier today she told me she already knew...because she got a Facebook notification about it.  so i'm totally going to be taken care of tomorrow.  I just know it.  haha. 

happy birthday to me!

1 comment:

  1. those are really cool. hope they turned out to be as easy as you thought they would be. lol about elli finding out about your birthday. i'm sure she's got everything under control.

    ReplyDelete

yes, please.