I don't know how I'm going to fit this blogging thing back into my life again, but I know it needs to happen. There is too much guilt I feel for not documenting the last few years of our lives. I must do something about it. Today.
Let's see. My baby is no longer a baby. Madsen is closer to 3 than he is to 2. [How did that even happen?] He's awesome, that kid-of-mine-that's-no-longer-a-baby. A few of the things I wish I would have documented in the moment:
- Madsen's struggle with nursing. Man, did that throw me for a loop. That was a frustrating and time-consuming journey. But it had a happy ending. And it was worth it.
- How much having a baby to care for has healed me. And how hard it is to have a baby again.
- We are done with diapers. DONE. Madsen was potty-trained before he was 2. I wasn't lying when I said he was awesome.
- We might even be done with preschool. [just kidding] The kid has known the entire alphabet since he was about 18 months old. He knows all the sounds the letters make. He knows numbers 1-20. He knows every shape in a geometry book. He knows how to spell his name. His letters (no Hotwheels for this kid) are his best friends.
- His favorite songs to sing right now are I Am A Child of God, Popcorn Popping, and The Alphabet Song
- I never knew a 16-year-old and a 2-year-old could have a full-blown argument. They sound just alike.
- I'm pretty sure there was more that happened in his life between the time he was born and now, but I'm feeling the need to overthink, and I just wasn't to hit PUBLISH.
love. LOVE. we're the awesomest. let the healing (and release of all guilt) begin ...
ReplyDeletei guess i should blog again,too. loved seeing you back.
ReplyDeleteGood to see someone start blogging again...I'm inspired to do the same!
ReplyDeleteSo good to see a new post! I need to be better about blogging too. It's too easy to post something quickly on Facebook rather than sit down for a long period of time and commit myself to posting stories with pictures.
ReplyDeleteso happy to see you are back to blogging. i love taking a peek into your family's life and feeling a connection to my sister and her life. looking forward to 2014….
ReplyDeleteYAY! I am so happy to see you blogging again! I haven't logged in for a while myslef and after trying to get caught up on the end of last years blog posts I started looking at my dashboard and was happy to see blogposts from you!!!!
ReplyDelete