pretty exciting stuff. it possibly could have been even more exciting if we had some sort of cable package that allowed us to actually WATCH the game, instead of listening to it old-school style over the internet (Nolan could hardly stand/comprehend not being able to watch it, even though we could listen to it).


I have to admit it's pretty awesome to have a boy old enough to be at least interested in a sports game. Nolan was totally into it, explaining the rules and players' stats and all kinds of info that I have no idea how he knew (internet at his fingertips). He was even wearing his QB shirt. It's so fun to be connected to a major sports event with your "home" team. It was cool to see our "backyard neighbors" jumping up and down through their window every time the Seahawks scored, albeit a tad creepy on our part.
And Elli totally scored with her jersey # she chose when she (blindly) bought her Seahawks spirit wear on Thursday night since it was the player that made the 49-ers last-ditch effort for a touchdown incomplete (and Seahawks #25 is now an internet sensation with his ridiculous post-game interview/rant). haha
Anyway, we are super excited for the big game in 2 weeks and are proud to be from Seattle.
These are some of the metal pieces I was working on yesterday. I super duper love them.

these will be for necklaces for the women
not exactly sure what I'll do with these; maybe I'll replace the stamped clay ones I made on Friday night for the tween girls? I'm really hoping to figure out something for the teen boys with these.
At church today, I noticed a {super cute, cool} boy wearing a really cool rubber band bracelet that was square-ish and I asked him if he'd show me how to make it. He did, and my boys and I spent much of our time listening to the game while making these.
I paired it up with one of the Mickey washer pieces I made yesterday, and I think it looks really cool. Hopefully cool enough for a teen boy? Both of my boys really liked these bracelets.
Any other ideas for what I could do with these Mickey washer charms/pieces that would be cool/useful for a boy (aged 12-17)?
Ray has been making these things non-stop since about 5 o'clock today. He just came in to show me the NECKLACE he made. He's totally going to be setting trends on our cruise. haha
At this rate, I'm going to run out of supplies before I've made anything for anyone else.




wish I could say something intelligent about football :/. those charms are looking great. I think the bracelets for the boys will be perfect! can't wait to see what else you come up with.
ReplyDelete