Friday, August 7, 2009

what the?

while i was downloading damon’s campout pictures to  my laptop from elli’s camera last night, i came across these shocking pictures of my daughter and her cousin.

i almost choked on the leftover trail mix i was eating when i saw that first picture of elli.  but there were more.  lots more.

these girls donned blue eye shadow and dark eyeliner and took some modeling shots of each other while they were in the care of my brother, matt.  these girls are beyond gorgeous, and their photography skills are pretty amazing, but the poses and serious-model-pouts are simply frightening. 

2009 08 high adventure hike 1772009 08 high adventure hike 172   2009 08 high adventure hike 175  2009 08 high adventure hike 180 2009 08 high adventure hike 178 2009 08 high adventure hike 188     2009 08 high adventure hike 195     2009 08 high adventure hike 200 2009 08 high adventure hike 2242009 08 high adventure hike 202 2009 08 high adventure hike 203  2009 08 high adventure hike 205   2009 08 high adventure hike 209  2009 08 high adventure hike 211 2009 08 high adventure hike 212 2009 08 high adventure hike 213 2009 08 high adventure hike 214 2009 08 high adventure hike 215 2009 08 high adventure hike 216 2009 08 high adventure hike 217 2009 08 high adventure hike 218 2009 08 high adventure hike 219 2009 08 high adventure hike 238 2009 08 high adventure hike 239 2009 08 high adventure hike 240 2009 08 high adventure hike 241   2009 08 high adventure hike 244 2009 08 high adventure hike 265 2009 08 high adventure hike 272  2009 08 high adventure hike 292      2009 08 high adventure hike 315 2009 08 high adventure hike 307    2009 08 high adventure hike 311        2009 08 high adventure hike 226 2009 08 high adventure hike 227  2009 08 high adventure hike 229   2009 08 high adventure hike 232 2009 08 high adventure hike 234   

are you as shocked as i am? 

my personal faves:

  • definitely the blue eye shadow
  • elli’s completely see-through “leggings” (btw, holly, we left these with grandma to return to you)
  • matt’s resurrected “tijuana hammock” from our campout last year
  • the turquoise vans/acid-washed skinny jeans ensemble that looks like it could have been a picture from my childhood scrapbook (if i had one)
  • the lips- seriously
  • especially grateful that elli wisely chose to wear a Shade shirt under that magenta top.  it could’ve been a lot worse.
  • these girls are 11 and 12.  unbelievable that they could be this gorgeous right now. 

so. much. trouble.

matt- what else were these girls up to in your care?  :)

Technorati Tags:

11 comments:

  1. Would it be wrong to pray for my daughter to be hideous when she grows up? T

    ReplyDelete
  2. so funny ... and only because it's not my daughter =). i would have choked on trail mix if i was eating it right now, too. um, totally breathtaking girls. do you have elli's permission to post these? and does "you know who" have your blog address? yikes. i'm speechless. model careers in their future for sure. and matt, i think you might have some explaining to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so, what is your address so I can come and have a date with these hot girls?

    Seriously Amy, how could you not have seen this coming!?! Elli has always been a cutie. What do cuties turn into?

    I bet that this wasn't the first time for a make up photo session. This is just the first time your camera caught it. Not that I would know from personal experience or anything. (sorry mom)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sarah- yes, pray.

    brooke- no permission. and i hope f.m. does not have my blog address.

    holly and elli- will you forgive me? maybe i've started a modeling career for you. afterall, i have 24 followers. one of them could be a famous talent scout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh... so *that's* what they were doing while I was asleep.

    Amy, I'm afraid we're not going to be able to have Elli over anymore... she's corrupting my daughter. Because we all know Holly would *never* do something like that on her own.

    (Really? you're not buying it? Hmmm... well, it was worth a shot anyways)

    About 3am this morning I here Holly giggling and cackling out on the mac. I go to see what she's up to...

    ...and *I* almost choked on my trail mix. And I wasn't even eating any.

    I wish I could say that was even an odd day around my place. It's not.

    And now you know why I've been working so hard on my "Hell's Angel" biker look for the past few years... Someday the shaved head, goatee, and scowl are going to be mighty handy with the boys ;-)

    Thanks for the laugh (scare).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hear. I do know it's hear... not here.

    Can't go back and correct it.

    And it'll bug me more than it bugs Amy.

    I em normily a rilly gud spelr.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know she's gonna kill you for posting those pics... I did this too when I was here age... I still have the pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey its elli,
    aprils rite. i am gonna kill her....eventully
    brooke-no permission
    mom-lipstick is brite cuz we wanted to c wat it looked like teriable so i took a pic its pretty awesome and btw trail mix?
    matt-dont worry ill b back:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Amy... you are going to have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amy - I fear for you.

    Elli - I fear for you.

    Yikes. and I must say that Elli look more into it, or sensual than her cousin. Both girls are beautiful though, and you're right that their photography skills are great. Oh man... I'm NEVER having a daughter. YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ok april..now we have to see the pics. LOL I never did this. But my mom always got a kick out of dressing me up in church clothes and taking tons of BORING pictures. I was not as beautiful as elli though either.

    ReplyDelete

yes, please.