what exciting things i’ve done today…
the kids (minus ellison- who is in colorado visiting a friend) and i have been to:
target, fred meyer, staples, costco, safeway, the redmond town center marriott (to inquire about rates for the rest of the week), and now to our friends’ home where we’ve been holed up for the past several hours.
not because i needed to go to any of these places.
and certainly not because i really wanted to maneuver 4 kids around the toy aisles of any of these stores.
and certainly not because i wanted to show off ray’s bizzare fashion choice of his red tank top/basketball shorts outfit grandma nevada got him paired with his argyle sunday socks pulled up to knees and orange flip-flops. (too hot to take a picture)
but simply because all of these destinations have one thing in common:
air conditioning.
i am declaring this heat wave worse than the 5-day power outage in December of 2006.
it’s that bad.
wow, really worse than the power outage? Of course Adma couldn't walk from surgery I was large with child and our generator got stolen.I hope no one steals my air conditioner during the middle of the night then maybe I would agree with you. Ironically I am large with child again.
ReplyDeleteugggh. makes me uncomfortable just to read about it. don't you have a portable a/c? it must be REALLY bad if you took your kids to stores =)! hope it starts to cool off soon.
ReplyDelete