yesterday, at the arizona science center, the kids entered a Lego Master Builder competition. it was intense. there were so many kids [and cheating parents] there. complete chaos.
each child had a 5-inch square baseplate that they couldn’t extend off of, and their creation could not be taller than 12 inches. they had 4 hours to build something that was birthday-themed because it’s legoland’s 10th birthday this year.
this is what nolan built:
ha.ha. just kidding. this huge (10 foot?) birthday cake was on display
just like at home: nolan’s area was a disaster
the finished creations:
there were some pretty awesome creations that we saw. nolan was really stumped with the birthday theme and felt pretty limited in the fact that he couldn’t build an airplane or ship of some sort. he went very simple, but is still expecting a phone call any minute to let him know he won the trip to legoland.
i can't wait to have those pieces all over my house. but at least we live far away enough from grandma so that she doesn't break our prized creations and lose all the pieces =).
ReplyDeleteHope the allergy eyes are better today. I keep thinking I should call you during the day, and check how you are feeling....I want to be a good VT, and it seems that the yucky start to the pregnancy isn't that far past. But then I think that I don't want to take away from extended family time.
ReplyDeleteSo how are you?
Oh, and now I feel stupid, I should just email you. But going thru a web browers to email takes too long. So I'll take stupid and let you know I'm thinking about you. Hi anyone else, watching as I leave a comment that should be an email.
Enjoy the family, dispite the heat :)