Friday, July 10, 2009

will you help me…

settle an argument?

what color is this towel?  it is without a doubt a specific color.  i know that my sense of smell is distorted with this pregnancy, but my eyesight is just fine.  it’s men who are color blind- right?

so- you tell me- what color is this towel?  [damon- stay out of this one.]   2009 07 094 2009 07 095 2009 07 0982009 07 096 2009 07 097

22 comments:

  1. grant says its gray with a bit of green.
    but he says that screens blah blah blah pixals blah blah blah invalid blah blah blah (think about twilight in my head instead)


    blah blah okay?

    Rachel says that it's so badly bleached that it doesn't matter what color it was. Buy new towels. Or maybe it's ash gray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On further annalsis
    Grant says: Gray with a touch of green

    Narrow us down: Do we need to be crayola 10 pack, 12 pack, 24 pack, or big box

    And thanks. Now you've started a fight in this marriage. Someone might have to sleep at your house. Get a bed ready!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gray.

    But I can't even dress myself without the help of my wife, so I'm probably wrong and whoever guessed gray is going to lose... at least that's how it would play out here as my 4 girls would definitely outvote me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My vote is gray with a little purple. But I think the purple comes from washing it so many times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh come on...it's gray!!! It might have been a different color at one time but it's gray now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, Damon- you're free to comment now (if you dare).

    ReplyDelete
  7. btw, yes, we are talking about basic colors: one name.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gray is a neutral, balanced color. It is a cool, conservative color that seldom evokes strong emotion although it can be seen as a cloudy or moody color.
    desktoppub.about.com/cs/colorselection/p/gray.htm
    In short, it's gray!

    ReplyDelete
  9. According to Photoshop: #8A8785. Also known to the color expert people Pantone as "Cool Gray 8C". Incidentally it is the exact same color that NFL football players have to use on the palms of their gloves: "Per Rule 1-4-3-d d. If worn, gloves or hand pads must be gray in color. The recommended shades of gray are Pantone Cool Gray 8C, Cool Gray 9C, 423C and 430C."
    Don't ask me how I know that. I usually dislike any sort of sports trivia.
    Also- my first response to any blog ever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know you all read Amy's blog with your old black and white computer monitors, so it's not surprising that you would choose gray. Besides, once Rachel said gray, that tainted everyone else so they thought "gray" too.

    Check out the first picture and the last. The first shows a little bit of our dark brown siding through the window. Certainly a different shade, and of course the towel has faded a bit, but those are both BROWN!

    And the last picture--the towel sitting on our CHARCOAL GRAY windowsill. Can't you see the earth tones coming out in the towel? Is Grant the only one around here who knows what an earth tone is? Sheesh, people.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow. this is a hot topic. even brought darrel and emily and daniel out of the shadows.
    can you even believe that my husband thinks this is BROWN? it has never even been close to brown.
    do you concede, honey?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wasn't going to comment because I thought this must be a trick ? Of course it is gray... or slate if you will. Sorry damon, don't see earth tones unless you are talking about slate and that is a rock from the earth. And then slate might be considered an "earth" tone. But it is gray.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry Damon, there's no brown in those towels. The 'blah blah blah' part that Rachel left out was me thinking about all the different screens, and of course I even questioned my notion of green, I assumed it might be an optical trick due to the green background in a couple of the pictures. Maybe if I saw them in person, but online they are gray.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ha ha, this reminds me of my post about my sweater. The towel is definately gray.

    ReplyDelete
  15. 2 other points...

    1. I think this is a sign of a great marriage. You have nothing better to argue about, so you argue about the what color a towel is.

    2. Post about colors are tough because monitors do make the colors different. For example, Damon, the picture of the towel on the windowsill actually just makes me think that the windowsill is slightly blue. lol. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, I guess we've reached a conclusion here...you're all too afraid of Amy to speak the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ok, i have to admit that I thought brown when I saw the photos and then read the comments and thought that my monitor colors were off. Now I am a little worried. Can I keep reading your blog, Amy?

    ReplyDelete

yes, please.