everyone seems to have a different word for these special jammies. i grew up calling them “snugglebunnies”. most of my friends call them “footies”. either way, don’t they look so comfy?
on days like today, it is not uncommon to find emma and her gaggle of neighborhood girlfriends dressed in their snugglebunnies gathered around our island slurping hot chocolate. {whipping cream and sprinkles are the real draw, but the deluxe flavored hot chocolate is yummy too.}
today i took pictures of these sweet girls giggling and slurping in their comfies. oh to be 9 again.
[the white-ish misty stuff is pouring rain]
i’m sure damon would love to come home to me dressed in a pair of these. isn’t it every husband’s dream?
ugggh. i can't believe you're having snugglebunny/hot chocolate weather. it's burning up here topping out in the high 80's. had to have the swamp cooler on for the last two days. it does make me wish for the times when i could snuggle up with a warm blanket and relax {not so much wishing to be nine again =)}.
ReplyDeleteHaha! My first thought was, "Which of those legs belongs to Ray?"
ReplyDeleteI just realized I didn't really have a name for those, but the last time I wore them, I was about 4 and was way too warm and begging my mom to get them off of me.
It's hard for me to think of wearing those jammies in MAY and drinking hot chocolate? What? Also, were these pictures actually taken on a school day? Meaning the girls went home and changed into their snugglebunnies and then came over? Great to be nine!
ReplyDeleteWe call them comfy cozzies! I love them. I have fleece pants that are like those but with no feet. But they are my adult comfy cozzies. I love them. Dean is wearing them right now. All his clothes are packed. So he has like 7 of them. Cute Pictures. I had lots of comfy cozzy nights with girlfriends growing up, I think we should be allowed to keep having them. Well I guess I would if there were people still interested in sleep overs, comfy cozzies and cool enough to go around wearing these cool comfy cozzies! Let me know when you have one of those girls nights!
ReplyDeletei actually made this post last week on a rainy day, but yesterday was even more miserable: pouring rain and flooding and cold. it was the perfect day for a cheater post. yes, we are still having hot chocolate weather; you shouldn't be surprised, brooke, considering you guys had snow like last week or something.
ReplyDeletesarah- yes, these pictures were taken on a school day. each of these girls runs home (we have 6 4th-grade girls within a 7-house radius) and changes into their snugglebunnies and then comes back to our house for hot chocolate (or maybe they go to everyone's house for hot chocolate?? hhmmm)