Friday, May 1, 2009

hot pajamas

2009 04 946  2009 04 941 2009 04 942 2009 04 943 2009 04 945 2009 04 916

ray just giggles when i throw his blanket and pillow in the dryer before i tuck him into bed.  he thinks it’s the best thing ever to have things heated up in the dryer.  he was amazed one day when i gave him hot pajamas, too.  and it wasn’t long before he asked for hot underwear.  also the best:  a hot towel after a bath.  have you ever tried this with your kids?  [this might not go over as well for those of you in arizona]

4 comments:

  1. dang. i got excited when i saw the title "hot pajamas" and thought it would be pics of you in your hot *pregnant* pajamas. my kids have loved their warm blankets the few times it has happened - i don't think i've ever done it on purpose - just happened to be done in the dryer right at bedtime or something. i'm sure they'd love the pajamas hot{tened} in the winter here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're Such a good mom! I don't think I could handle going to garage everytime they wanted HOT something or other. Amy gets Brownie points for todays blog! I have never tried it. Maybe i will if it is really cold out one night or around christmas. Maybe I will just associate it with christmas time. THat way they would not want me to do it every time. :) My kids would be so repetitive about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to do that all the time with my kids when we lived in Utah. They loved their blankies all warm for bedtime. I'd throw in some fabric softener in for the few minutes too and that made a world of a difference to the kids. Haven't done it since moving here to AZ. There are some things that just don't carry over well here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun. I am going to have to try this. I have snuggled my kids in warm blankets just as they come out of the dryer, but not specifically for bedtime. These are the little things that kids remember! Also, Jack wants those rocket pajamas - he is reading with me.

    ReplyDelete

yes, please.