Sunday, May 24, 2009

raising monkeys

2009 05 048 2009 05 049 2009 05 050 

somewhere along the way, ray has taught himself to shimmy this support post in our living room.  it’s 12-feet high. 

he has also taught himself to scale the door-frames in our house to reach things he shouldn’t be reaching. 

2009 05 044 2009 05 046 2009 05 047

and the other day, i noticed him on top of the basketball standard at the elementary school.  no joke. 

he’s already taught savannah how to do it.

my friend’s 3-year-old son gets to spend the day with us on tuesday.  i’m sure she can’t wait to see what ray teaches him.  are you ready, erin?

Technorati Tags:

6 comments:

  1. holy cow. thank goodness i don't live closer to you because that is the last thing i need for my girls to learn is how to climb like monkeys on stuff they shouldn't be {mostly, they already get into enough trouble as it is}. funny picture of him at the top of the post. he really does use his feet like a monkey. hey, what happened to erin anyway? haven't heard from her in a while. and btw, did aimee have her baby? details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. apparently erin isn't able to comment from her work computer. she claims she's still a loyal fan; we'll see how long it takes her to shoot me an e-mail. to her defense, she did send me an e-mail within hours of damon's E.R. post so i think she really does still read.

    aimee is having her baby on tuesday. i'll keep you posted.

    rachel- would love an arranged marriage of some sort with one of your girls. i do have a few offers for nolan already....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like we need to get our wall up sooner! THen eli and Ray can really climb! WOW. He is a monkey! Great Climber. Maybe he will rock climb as a sport. He is deffinetly not affraid of heights! I can not believe the basketball thing, kind of high isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah used to climb the radiator pipes in our old house in Illinois. Just like Ray, she would get to the top.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOODNESS! I can post a comment. This is exciting and hopefully it'll last. I've been missing the ability to do this on my work computer. I guess I complained to the I.T. guy enough and he finally unblocked it!! YAY!

    And yes I'm ready! Thank you so much for watching my little man today. I hate not being equal friends (you do more for me than I do for you.) So let me know if I can do anything for you. You're awesome Amy!!

    ReplyDelete

yes, please.