me either.
today is emma’s 10th birthday. she got ripped off.
today has been a feeling-yuckier-than-normal sort of day for me.
i tried to buy her a few presents to make her feel special.
i tried to make her feel special by twisting her wet hair up in little buns all over her head last night so it would be twisty/kinky/curly this morning- just as she requested
i tried to make her a special breakfast of puff oven pancakes this morning
i tried to make her feel special by writing special birthday messages to her on her windows with special window crayons (or actually by asking nolan to quietly do it while she was still sleeping this morning)
which she loved and appreciated all of. but “it’s just not exactly as she expected” because i wasn’t feeling well enough to be a part of anything. i had retreated back to my bathroom before breakfast even started- where i have stayed put the entire day.
all i can hope for is that damon is making up for my lack thereof as he is out treating her to dinner right now.
and also that i feel better tomorrow. so that i can make it up to her. nothing can replace having your mom be present for your special day, but i’ll sure try again tomorrow.
...just got back. It cost a lot of money, but I think she feels better now. :-)
ReplyDeleteThat's so disappointing when that happens. :( I hope you feel much better tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteAmy, I'm so sorry you feel so rotten in your pregnancies. It makes me almost feel guilty, because it is so easy for me to be pregnant, relatively speaking: I just gain weight like a cow. I hope it goes away soon!! and you can feel sort of normal again. But like Natalie pointed out on a recent blog post, your sick days are as productive as some of the rest of ours good days. You seem to still get so much done.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I didn't realize that we had kids at the same time. My oldest turned 10 on Monday.
first, emily, people like you suck. i'll save amy the energy of having to say that. what would pregnancy be like without morning sickness? yes, i had that happen on lucy's last birthday seeing as how i had just delivered a baby two days before her birthday. somehow i wasn't quite pulled together by then to have an extreme extravaganza. i hate that she will probably always remember that. good luck feeling better.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday Emma! One day she will appreciate you sitting in the bathroom on her birthday.Probably when she becomes a mom herself. I have come to realize a lot of things my mom has done to bring us kids into this world. I am glad she had a good birthday with all considering. I hope you feel better. I feel guilty too. My pregnanices only bother me at the end when I can not move anymore. :) I hope the toilet looks shinnier today and that you will be able to enjoy some nice weather!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure she understands Amy. And I agree with Emily that you get more done on your horrible feeling days than many of us on our good days. I think youre awesome. And I also agree with Emily that I feel so bad that you get so sick when you're pregnant. I loved being pregnant! I hope you're feeling better soon! Shouldn't you be getting out of the yucky feeling days? or are you sick your whole pregnancy?? I admire you for being able to forget the yuckiness enough to want another baby. Because you're an amazing mom, so what better home for a baby to come into.
ReplyDeleteemily and erin- you should feel guilty about not being sick. how in the world could i appreciate the rest of my pregnancy without the miserable beginning? ha.ha.
ReplyDeleteand- what in the world are you talking about that i get more done even when i'm feeling crappy than most normal-feeling people do? if washing my stinky pits counts for getting more done than the average person, then maybe you're right. cuz that's pretty much my single accomplishment from yesterday. otherwise, i just haven't painted a realistic enough picture of what these days really look like. i'll refrain. thanks for the kudos, girls. :)
Emma is an amazing kid. She will get it one day. I doubt she will be damaged for life...might not be her all time favorite birthday but she will be fine.
ReplyDeleteAlso, you are an amazing mom!!
HOpe you feel better soon!