Friday, February 20, 2009

backseat conversations

2009 02 524

to presidency meeting
to the gas station
to the school to pick up Emma
to the dentist to get Emma’s cavity filled


to school to drop Emma off
to Mandy’s to drop off her 3 boys
to Safeway
to home
Two to the backyard
One to the couch (that was me)

And this is what was heard along the way…

2009 02 511  

Savannah to Ray:  Megan is my mom, and I was in her tummy.

Ray:  Did it hurt when she ate you?

Savannah:  I don’t remember. 


2009 02 523

Savannah:  Ray, do you remember before we were babies and we lived in heaven?

Ray:  No

Savannah:  Yeah, Jesus was babysitting us.


2009 02 510

Ray:  Aimee S. is gonna have a baby.  Her tummy is really big.  She’s gonna POP and break.  Isn’t that weird?


2009 02 519

Savannah:  Mom, how do babies get inside mommies?

Me (dejavu):  The daddies help the mommies get the babies in her tummy so they can grow.  But Nolan can tell you about that later…

2009 02 522

Because it reminded me of this conversation I had with Nolan about a year ago.:

Nolan: How come Eli’s ears stick out and mine don’t?

Me: Because everyone’s ears are different. You get your ears from your mom and dad.

Nolan: I think I have your ears because I was inside your body.

Me: Dad helped to make you inside my body so you could have ears that look like his too.

Nolan: How did dad help make me inside your body?!

Me: Um…

Nolan (before I have thought of an appropriate response to this curious 5-year-old’s question): Oh! It’s with his PRIESTHOOD POWER- right mom?

Me: Exactly.

 

Technorati Tags: ,,,

3 comments:

  1. YAAAAAAAY!!! Hahahahaha!!! I love that story. Two hilarious/cute stories in one. I needed the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Amy! We found your blog. You are so funny; this story totally cracks me up. I guess we'll be having to answer these questions pretty soon. :) It's fun to get a peak into your life. I can send you an invite to our blog if you want (it's private, and not as exciting as yours.)

    ReplyDelete

yes, please.