Sunday, January 11, 2009

Things I still want to remember by tomorrow

Today was Ward Conference.  We received great counsel from our Stake Leaders.  Our Stake goal is to INCREASE OUR CAPACITY TO LOVE (I can’t think of anyone that could use this theme more than myself) by seeking a lasting change of heart that draws us closer to Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and each other.  Here are a few things that stood out to me today:

“It’s not what I say that’s important, but what the Holy Ghost speaks to you as you listen that’s important”  -President Tanner

Ways to increase our capacity to love:

  • Strengthen our faith, build through our adversity.
  • Endurance:  that which we PERSIST in becomes easier.  Allow our weaknesses to become strengths.
  • Our ability is enhanced through prayer and study.

We need to look for ways to lift and strengthen each other

Pray for others, and let them know you are praying for them.

Take time to meditate and listen for the spirit.

There is a gap between the things we CAN do and the things we DO do.  With GREAT EARNESTNESS:

1.  I WILL do better at having FHE regularly and at having patience and responding with love at home.

2.  I WILL use the atonement in my life to forgive others more freely and to forgive myself when I let myself down.

3.  I WILL be a better friend/neighbor to those outside my close circle of friends.

4.  I WILL go to the temple at least once per month this year. 

We HAVE the capacity within us, we need to use it.

Technorati Tags: ,,

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting that. I felt a little distracted through most of it for some reason ......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not distracted during your post. The lesson. Yeah, I know you knew that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much. I missed again this week due to sick kids. I have adapted what you have learned as my motto. I felt like I was there listening at the conference when I read your comments. They have inspired me. Thank you again for taking my kids when I need help. It is so nice to have people there for you. I can not express in words my gratitude. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

yes, please.