OK- here’s my cheater post. It’s 8:52 am. The waterpark and MagiQuest open in 8 minutes (and counting- as nolan is right next to me). The internet connection is painfully slow and i have a feeling that i’ll want to get out of here tonight and not stick around for the wi-fi so i can post. so here are some details from last year’s visit. if i have time [and feel like it], i’ll post more info/pics from this year’s visit. but for now, this qualifies as my post for the day.
excerpt from one of the kids’ scrapbooks:
OK. Love this vacation! I actually had fun at a waterpark with 5 kids(6- if you include Jillian)! Admittedly, I’m “water-phobic.” Going to the waterpark with young children is usually very stressful for me, but I loved the family-friendly atmosphere that Great Wolf Lodge provided. The crowds were just right, and I felt very comfortable letting the kids roam free with their life jackets on. I never had that awful panicky feeling in the pit of my stomach that I sometimes get when I realize my child is out of my sight near the water. There were only a handful of times where I actually had to look for one of the kids (usually Ray) for a few minutes before I found them, but I was comfortable knowing he would be safe. You can’t beat that calm, safe feeling. This is a family vacation. We will be back...
Top 15:
· INDOOR WATERPARK- need I say more?
· Wave runner squirt guns
· Pitch black Howling Tornado at night (Elli’s personal fave)
· No sunburn; no sunscreen
· Adorable “kid-cabin suites”
· Ross, Fleig, Wilkinson, Call, Shaw families- and Jillian, too
· No dirty sand in all my stuff
· Unlimited supply of warm, dry towels
· “Free” life jackets
· Wristband room keys/charge cards/waterpark passes…for everyone!
· Family-friendly atmosphere
· 84-degree comfort
· Independent children
· Hot shower at the end
· Ray falling asleep before we even left the parking lot
Bottom ONE:
Hearing “When are we going back to Great Wolf Lodge” every day since we’ve been home.
sorry about the delay {both in my post and my comment ... no access to internet ... saturday night gaming}. i trust you guys had an awesome trip again. but i'm sure that also means you are exhausted - especially with daylight savings losing an hour. boo.
ReplyDelete