Tuesday, March 2, 2010

do over

if i had this morning to do over again,
these are some things
i would change:

i would have (learned how to) set my own alarm on my phone
so i wouldn’t be annoyed when damon’s alarm “didn’t go off”

i would have listened to the prompting i had last night
{ after i got in bed} to go downstairs
and make sure all the food was put back in the refrigerator from “make your own dinner night
because i’m too busy researching hawaii
to leave my computer right now”

i would have used a more appropriate word in front of elli
when the dog pooped on the carpet…
while i was still yelling at elli
for not staying outside long enough with her
because it was raining
and she pooped on the carpet the first time.

i would have trusted my instincts
and not cut into and wasted the (un-ripe) mango

i would have brushed my teeth
before damon gave me a kiss goodbye

i would have loaded the dishwasher last night
so that the overloaded counters and sink
wouldn’t have contributed to my already bad attitude

i would have run to get my camera when
i saw the little neighbor girl walking to school this morning 
so that i could send a picture of ellie’s “twin”
to my friend, emz-
instead of just thinking that i should get my
camera.

i would have remembered
that my yoga pants were in the wash load
before i put the entire load into the dryer.

i would have triple-checked to make sure elli cleaned up
all of the smoothie mess
before i noticed the (most important) mess she didn’t clean up…
in the form of sugar under my bare feet on the kitchen floor.

i would have scheduled ray’s appointment
with the ear/nose/throat specialist
for a later time
so that it wasn’t such an inconvenience this morning

i would have showered at the first opportunity
instead of waiting until the very last minute
before i had to leave for ray’s doctor appointment

i would have been more patient with nolan
for asking the same questions over and over
this morning (and last night)

i wouldn’t have logged on and noticed my
47 unread items in my google reader
that i haven’t had time to read for the past several days. 


But i still would have watched this short video
about the invisible woman 
that my friend aimee sent me this morning

and i still would have smiled
at my mom’s e-mail
containing a bunch of dr. suess-isms

and i still would have laughed out loud 
at making the connection of why the williams’ dog
was really named D.D. (D___ Dog!).

and i still would have greatly appreciated
the useful (maui) information
that my insomniac friend (how do you like that label?)
was up all throughout the  night e-mailing me …
in the form of 6 different e-mails

and i still would have read the comments 
from last night’s post that made me smile

and i still would have
written this blog post right now
so that i can “relax”
and spend the rest of my day
stressing over hawaii plans again.

 

thank goodness
for positive karma
in the form of e-mail
for changing the direction
my mind was heading today. 

thank goodness.

5 comments:

  1. Great. secret is out. Ellie has a twin. in Seattle.
    [send a photo - haven't seen that little snot for years].

    loved the thoughts of sugared feet. super awesome. hate [super hate] dog poop on carpet [well any poop on carpet]. sorry to be a downer but the only thing worse than having an inside dog [for me anyway] is having an inside dog where it rains a lot. I wash the flippin things feet everytime it pees/poops [hey come on - I AM SHAR'S SISTER, after all].

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I hadn't checked to see if I could still touch my foot to the back of my head like I could when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok-Sarah is hilarious. why doesn't she blog?

    ok-not sure if Damon is a "fisherman" like your dad was but if so------let me know. we have a friend who does tours out there Hawaii [for all the celebs - I KNOW that doesn't matter but what I'm getting at is . . . he's THE BEST in Hawaii] and could get you an awesome deal. Just an "if interested" LMK call out. CIAO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do have a blog, but I found it necessary to make it private last year. It was fun when it was public - loved the surprise readers and I didn't feel like I was pressuring anyone to read it by inviting them. I'd be happy to send you an invite if you want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry Amy - can you please tell Sarah --- I want "in"! Hope the Hawaii thing is going good or at least better. ;)
    [send highly anticipated invite to]: queen_of_jean@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

yes, please.