Thursday, February 4, 2010

today…in a laundry basket

2010 02 041

that is what my day looked like today.  unshowered at 11:45, i realized that when i left to take ray to preschool at 12:10, i probably wouldn’t be home until 9 o’clock.  oh joy. 

so i had to quickly think through the rest of my day- and put all of the day's needs into a laundry basket that left with me at 12:10. 

the contents of my laundry basket:

  1. lunch for ray to eat in the car on the way to pre-school
  2. lunch for me to eat sometime between then and 9.
  3. ray’s birth certificate and immunization records to take with me to kindergarten registration
  4. emma’s quest binder that she couldn’t find this morning that i had to take to her at her other (far away) school
  5. my phone
  6. my purse
  7. my chapstick
  8. my laptop- in case i had a few spare minutes to work on a blogpost between places to be
  9. a notepaper with emma’s basal temperatures from the past 2 days to take with her to her doctor’s appointment this afternoon
  10. some heart-shaped construction paper to write valentine notes to my children in my lag time- which didn’t happen either
  11. my camera to take pictures of emma at her thrice annual marketplace event at quest (a roaring success)  2010 02 0452010 02 0482010 02 0462010 02 049 2010 02 0542010 02 056 2010 02 0572010 02 058
  12. a variation of journals/scrapbooks/family history documention that i need to teach a short lesson on journaling at a relief society meeting tonight
  13. i don’t think there was a thirteen.  if there was, i forgot about it. 

some days it seems like i live out of my car. 
i’m really grateful for
the day after those days.

like tomorrow.  
i’ll be grateful for tomorrow when it comes. 

10 comments:

  1. Ummm don't mean to be Debbie downer but isn't tomorrow Thursday? Like the official "crazy day" of your week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always grateful for those tomorrows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma looks so pretty in those pictures! I love it! I hate long days in the car, mostly because Max is still with me on those days and I feel loads of guilt when he spends hours in his carseat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. emz- i hope you've figured out by now that tomorrow is friday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emma sure is groing up-- she's so pretty! I love her smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did Emma make that little candy car to sell at her event or was it just a happy purchase?

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes, emma made that candy car. it was a huge hit with her classmates. she sold out of them very quickly. it's from family fun magazine (thanks, grandma nevada).

    ReplyDelete
  8. How do you do all of the things you do in a day?! You certainly appear to have it all together. You often say you are disorganized, But you definitely don't seem to be. On the contrary. You come off as one of the most organized people I have ever met. But perhaps that is because of my complete lack of order. I don't have kids schedules to juggle or really that many pressing responsibilities/high priority tasks & I STILL am completely scatterbrained. I have my own laundry basket sized piles of random nothing that I cart around with me daily, and yet I forget all the stuff I actually need that day. Sometimes I wonder what my vehicle/purse/home/brain will look like when I DO have to manage more than just my own agenda.

    frightening. I'll need a tutor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omgosh. The blond dye is affecting/effecting my brain. I feel like such a total dork. So I feel normal.

    Wow.

    ReplyDelete

yes, please.