Saturday, January 23, 2010

soft and squishy skin

The other day, I was loving on Ray in the morning after the rest of the kids left for school.  I love when it’s just me and him left in the quiet house.  He is usually still in his pajamas or just his pull-up and stinky breath.  He is like a big, huge baby that I love to snuggle up with on the couch.  I wrap him in his blanket and kiss him and rub his back and hug on him and he giggles. 

This particular day, I was telling Ray how much I loved his soft and squishy skin.  I told him it reminded me of when he was a baby, and that I love the feel of that innocent, smooth skin.  And then we cuddled some more until he got tired of me cuddling him and was ready to move on…to video games.

Later that afternoon, Ray came running out of my bathroom all excited.  He was holding this bottle of Softsoap Pomegranate and Mango Body Wash. 

2010 01 047  “Mom,  I think I know why my skin is so soft and squishy!  It’s because Emma used her special soap on me when she gave me a bath last night!  Do you want your skin to be soft and squishy, too?”

I’m happy to be back to that soft and squishy boy tonight. 

especially since he’s asleep already. 

6 comments:

  1. So cute! I need to try some of that soap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss newborn baby skin too! I hope you had a great time on your girl's trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home--hope you're refreshed. Tell Damon if he ever wants to get away to come on down here. I'm buying a shed that needs assembling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. man, that weekend seemed to go fast for me. hope yours was a little bit slower and that you got much scrapbooking {and girl talk} accomplished. also glad you're back to your squishy kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be "soft" any day. I think I'll hold off on squishy as long as I can. ;)

    ReplyDelete

yes, please.