Saturday, January 2, 2010

new year’s resolutions

i’m not really a new year’s resolutions kind of girl.  mostly because they don’t last very long for me.  january second comes all too quickly for me (it’s already here!)- and my resolutions are usually all but gone by then. 

this year i have a little more confidence in myself for what i can accomplish.  it’s kind of exciting to me to realize that- after 366 days of continuous blogging- i can do whatever i really want to do.  the problem lies in finding things that i really want to do- and can get committed to doing. 

after much serious thought, i have come up with the following new year’s resolutions for 2010:

  1. to put my glasses back inside their case every time i take them off
  2. to read my scriptures as consistently as i blog
  3. to respond more kindly and patiently to ALL my children
  4. to respond to {all} my children.
  5. to spend less money than i did in 2009
  6. to go to hawaii with damon (maybe this one shouldn’t follow #5’s resolution)
  7. to not run a marathon
  8. to publish my blogposts from 2009 without going back and trying to edit every single one
  9. to be even more amazing than i was in 2009
  10. to live, to laugh, to love- through everything
  11. to not feel guilty about not blogging on any given day
  12. to frequent the ER less than i did in 2009
  13. to show my husband how much i love and appreciate him in ways that are meaningful to him
  14. to react less
  15. to spend less time on my laptop and more time doing and experiencing
  16. to throw the very best {surprise} birthday bash ever for sarah L.
  17. to convince andy that he’s loved
  18. to find out what happened to natalie k.
  19. to get my mom to comment on every single post (is that too much for a daughter to ask?). 
  20. to convince my sister{‘s husband} to move to seattle.
  21. to lose the last five pounds of calvin’s pregnancy weight
  22. to lose that last five pounds of ray’s pregnancy weight
  23. to lose that last five pounds of nolan’s pregnancy weight
  24. to not care about the last five pounds of emma’s and elli’s pregnancy weight
  25. to have number 18-20 happen without any additional work on my end
  26. to gain all that weight back by getting pregnant again
  27. to get pregnant while my children are sleeping
  28. to slow dance with my husband in our living room room more often
  29. to continue taking things one day at a time
  30. to do anything as consistently as i blog

but who really needs  
30 new year’s resolutions anyway? 

i’d be giddy
if only 7 of these stuck with me
for 2010. 

do you know which seven? 

11 comments:

  1. I tried to guess the seven, and then I realized I had no clue-- I guessed too many! Don't feel bad about your mom, at least yours reads your blog! My mom's finally getting use to FB, and the blog is just over the top for her. Love your list, very fun and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang it! You ruined my funny comment. I was going to suggest you resolve to throw me a great birthday party. I'm so excited it's going to be a surprise! I'll give you a more detailed list of the things I want, the guests to be invited, the date, time, activities, foods I want, entertainment, etc.

    Hmm. Which 7 would make you giddy? (Obviously not the spending less money thing between your trip to Hawaii and planning my really, really expensive birthday party.)

    1. To get pregnant
    2. Convincing your sister's husband to move to Seattle
    3. Bringing Pepper back into the fold
    4. Your mom commenting on every post
    5. Slow dancing
    6. Convincing Andy that he is loved
    7. But not as loved as me because he's not getting the rockinist surprise party of all time which for sure would make you the giddiest. I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved #7 and #28 made me laugh out loud! Fantastic list :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your list, but I also like the changes in your sidebar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mom take that picture off rite now please. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you had a type-o on #7 ---- I'm seeing the word "NOT"??
    June 26, 2010 - Seattle Rock N' Roll marathon - - I'll book us both a spot now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My guesses for the ones that you wish would stick (and maybe think will??) #2, 3, 6, 10, 13, 27, 29.

    The one I want to stick: Blog every day of 2010... (I think that was #32, and it got erased?!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i told myself every day last year that if i could just set my scriptures right next to the computer where i know i am every night i would get into the habit of reading them every day just as naturally as i blogged. never worked. i hope you have more luck. i always feels like a loser that i have NO desire whatsoever to run a marathon or hike a strenuous mountain like everyone else seems to have. glad we're on the same page. yeah, what happened to natalie, anyway? no comment on mom. you're already miles ahead of me on that tally from last year. good luck with your sister's husband. it'll be a doosy. got a good laugh out of your new sidebar and that fact that ellison is pretending she doesn't like that picture there. and hey, would you take a break in the blogging already so that i can, too?

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm a dummy. i went back and deleted one of my resolutions because it was a joke and i started to wonder if it would be taken as a joke.

    anyway, i just realized that by doing that, i adjusted all the numbers so i'm not sure which ones were guessed. and, honestly, i'm not sure which seven i was thinking of at the time anymore.


    i think it was #s 2,3,6, 10, 13, 27, 29 but i'm not exactly sure. so- mrs. anderson- you were pretty much right on. nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ha ha. I dont know if you can get more amazing!

    ReplyDelete

yes, please.