Wednesday, January 13, 2010

10 signs

your 5-year-old might be addicted to Mariokart:

  1. He is stressed when other shoppers are “passing you up” at the grocery store.
  2. He keeps telling you to drive faster on the road because you’re in twelfth place!
  3. He yells, “watch out for the banana peels, mom!” randomly while you’re driving.  and he’s serious.
  4. He wants to name your next child after one of the characters from Mariokart
  5. When you get home from anywhere, he is out of the car, shoes and jacket discarded in the entry, and already downstairs mid-race by the time you make it to the front door.
    2010 01 069 2010 01 070 2010 01 071
  6. He calls you on your cell phone every time he “unlocks” something.
  7. You haven’t seen him for days.  Maybe since you acquired Mariokart?
  8. He likes to crash into you and yell “bam!” all the time.
  9. You discover him independently browsing Amazon.com and that he’s figured out how to put 2 different Mario bros. games in his cart.
  10. He obeys you when you tell him he can’t play Mariokart until he listens to you.

Is there a mariokart anonymous?

8 comments:

  1. We haven't gotten into Mariokart...yet. But, the Wii is the best thing ever. We threaten my daughter with it every night. You come out of your room at night no Wii tomorrow. She's come out twice since christmas. It used to be 10 times a night. Love Wii!

    ReplyDelete
  2. when I google it "mariokart anonymous" it was right below "$400 costco shopper anonymous" -- odd. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed that you have been able to get Ray to take off his shoes and coat at the entry before running to play!

    ReplyDelete
  4. at least it is mariokart and not something more violent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mariokart makes a great birthday present.

    Just an observation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He may be on to something with the next child names. Yes, I can see it now... Wario Barry for a boy & Princess Peach Barry for a girl.

    I like MarioKart...It's the only game I can play with Will where I don't hear things like "Wisa, you are playing it all wrong" & "Wisa, your guys is stuck in that corner" & 'Wisa, stop shooting me, i'm on your team." & eventually 'Wisa, just give me your controller" So in other words, it's the only game I play better than a 4 yr old. Bam!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute, I especially liked the incognito shots you took of Ray through the window.

    Christian's addicted to Super Mario Bros.Wii, and I have to confess, I've been having a bit of fun playing myself.

    ReplyDelete

yes, please.