Tuesday, September 15, 2009

i don’t get it…

would you eat this for dinner?  what about dessert? 

does it even look appealing to you?

2009 04 840

my husband not only ate this as leftovers for breakfast on sunday morning, it is his first choice of dessert at a restaurant- if they offer it.  and he ordered this on saturday night when we went to claim jumper.

it’s [nasty, disturbingly soggy] bread pudding.  i can’t even watch him eat it- and it’s not a pregnancy thing.  he loves this stuff, and i totally don’t get it. 

do you?

10 comments:

  1. that looks DISGUSTING. how does damon like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother-in-law made us go to Chuck-a-rama one time because she loves their bread pudding. I feel the same. It just sounds like soggy, disgusting bread. Matt says he likes it when it's "made right" (whatever that means).

    I also won't touch tapioca pudding. It looks nasty. Maybe I shouldn't knock either one because I haven't tried them, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i always tell myself i want to like bread pudding, i'm just looking for the right one. sarah, chuck-o-rama's isn't terrible if you get it on a good day. but in all fairness, you didn't do damon's bread pudding any favors by the lighting or angle of the picture. wish we had claim jumpers here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love good bread pudding with good sauce on it. It's hard to find it, but it's worth it when you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tapioca rocks!

    But in case it helps, I DON'T like:
    - boiled spinach and vinegar
    - liver and onions
    - microwaved pizza
    - microwaved fettucine alfredo
    - asparagus
    - seafoody seafood
    - cleaning the cat box

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY GOSH - Bread pudding is the only thing I will order for dessert at a restaurant. If they don't have it - no dessert for me. It is also the dessert I CANNOT manage to make at home. I have tried 6 {yes, I counted} different recipies. Do you have one for me to try? Does Damon? ;)

    I agree with your Mom - SO HARD to find GOOD bread pudding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Must agree that "good bread pudding" is hard to beat and hard to find. Latest restaurant where I loved it was Cowboy Caio in Scottsdale. Still looking for the perfect recipe and I have tried many more than 6!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to pipe in! I was introduced to Bread Pudding in Provo. There is this restaurant/lounge that serves only non-alcoholic drinks (go figure, it's way popular in Provo). Anywho, I tried their bread pudding and I LOVED it. Then, I tried their chocolate bread pudding, and my life hasn't been the same since. I will say though, the bread pudding I get looks nothing like Damon's, his just looks disgusting! I think that if it looks pretty, it will taste pretty too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Damon, you don't like the way the butter separates from fettucini alfredo when you microwave it? Why not?

    I thought Amy was going to announce you ordered meatloaf for dessert because that's what it looks like.

    ReplyDelete

yes, please.