that’s what i am today- pregnancy hormones and all.
- i cried because one of my children forgot to get my bag out of the car at church.
- i cried because nobody seems to think about anyone else in our family except for themselves.
- i cried because the opening song in church was Come Come ye Saints.
- i cried because i felt my husband’s love and concern for me with the simple touch of his arm around my shoulders.
- i cried because emma was/is concerned about why i’m crying so much today.
- i cried because our bishop is awesome.
- i cried because the testimonies in our ward today were especially wonderful.
- i cried because my children were being oddly reverent during sacrament meeting today (perhaps because every time they looked my way, i was in tears?).
- i cried because the closing song was Lord, I Would Follow Thee.
- i cried because my friend told me after church that elli bore her testimony in Young Women today.
- i cried because someone asked me why i was crying.
- i cried because i am so proud and excited and concerned about my brother who was put into his ward’s bishopric today.
- i cried because my mom called to tell me how proud she was of my brother, but hadn’t told him.
- i cried because i wish so badly that certain brothers wanted to be a part of my life.
- i cried because i just don’t know how to show my love for those same brothers in a way that they feel loved.
- i cried because savannah can’t seem to follow directions for her homework that she’s been working on since friday.
- i cried because my daughter is teaching herself how to play Simplified Hymns on the piano right now.
- i cried because i wish i criticized my children less and showed my love for them more.
- i cried because the RS Broadcast was really awesome last night, and i was reminded today of little inspirations i had last night.
- i cried just because i was already crying and my face was a mess anyway.
- i cried because i’m both really grateful for so many blessings in my life and- at the same time- really frustrated with other smaller details in my life.
and that’s the kind of emotional day i’m having.
and i’ll probably cry about that, too.
Wish I could write entirely what I REALLY wanted to write "here".
ReplyDeleteTHIS made ME cry & I think you are amazing.
You don't know who I am, but I love to read your blog:-) A lady who is in my ward in AZ had referred to one of your posts during this past summer, and I have been hooked ever since...sorry I hope that isn't too creepy. Anyway, THANK YOU for always keeping it real.....you are one AMAZING woman, mom, and wife. If I could express my feelings like you do, I would be posting everyday.
ReplyDeleteOh, and ya gotta love those pregnancy hormones:-) You took the words right out of my mind
I cried when I found out I had a Cheerio stuck to my bum in front of the whole congregation. (Ok, not really.) Really, it didn't compare to the time I walked around town with a giant piece of Laffy Taffy stuck to my pants (thanks to one of my kids slobbering all over it and leaving it on the couch).
ReplyDeleteBut I did have a few actual cries this weekend, mostly because of Jared turning 10, staying up until 5am writing about him, and thinking about Phyllis.
Supposedly cring releases toxins from your body. Good job detoxifing. ;-D
i had one of those days yesterday {but you already know that}. it's exciting and overwhelming and annoying and humbling and lots of other things to just experience this life. thanks for the thoughts today.
ReplyDeleteemily: e-mail me what you really wanted to say
ReplyDeletesweating...: fascinating, not creepy; who's the "lady in your ward"? what's really creepy is that members of my own family don't have any interest in my life, but complete strangers do. there's something wrong with that. thanks for your comment.
sarah- is that what was stuck on your skirt? i so badly wanted to run up there and pick it off. :)
brooke- i know you know.
emily: email me also about what you really wanted to say =).
ReplyDeleteI think that this means that you are most certainly your mother's daughter:). ANd that is a pretty amazing thing to be!
ReplyDeleteI cried cleaning the house on Friday. because i am a maid, because i was listening 'in my daughter's eyes' by martina mcbride, because i needed a nap, because my foot hurt, and mostly because i felt like it.
Enjoy your day today. i hope it is full of happy tears:)
Hi,
ReplyDeleteSo the next blog will be all about I laughed because... RIght? LOl I love emotional days like that. Makes me feel like I have expressed my true emotions. Eli Got Ray something. We will bring it by Sometime. When is good for you? Sounds like he had a fun Birthday!
I totally know how you feel! I hate those days! Once I went to my Physician, and he thought I was depressed. When I explained why I was sad, I started crying and then I knew he really thought I was depressed(I wasn't, it was just a bad day). Needless to say, I left with an anti-depressant prescription that I never got filled.
ReplyDeleteI hope Nolan feels better soon. Tell him we love and miss him.
Yes, it was a multigrain Cheerio. They have a sticky residue. I'm thinking about gluing 10 of them to my backside next week.
ReplyDelete