was celebrated a day early: donuts for breakfast; a book, yogurt-covered pretzels, an X-Box game, $20 from g-ma/g-pa barry, and his very own fishing pole for gifts; the privilege to BUY his lunch at school; ding dongs for class treat; 9 candles to blow out- 2 times; chicken a la fallbrooke for dinner; cold stone mint ice cream cake for dessert; an early birthday party at a local hotel/pool; and a baby brother or sister on his actual birthday. what more could a 9-year-old boy want? [hopefully nothing]
Dear Nolan,
You are such a delightful kid. You are every parent’s dream: you’re obedient, remorseful and apologetic when you’re not, happy, loving, tender-hearted, enthusiastic, eager to please, sensitive to others’ needs, you love to be affectionate, you are kind and thoughtful, brilliant and excited to learn new things, excited to be a boy scout and serve a mission and keep our family scripture reading consistent, organized, honest, fair, and so much fun to have around.
I am so lucky to be your mother. You make me smile at your funny thoughts and loving ways every day. I can already tell you will be such a wonderful husband and father just by the strengths you have as a 9-year-old. You make me cry at how tender-hearted and honest you are. You make me proud when you ask me if there’s anything you can do for me. I truly couldn’t ask for a better brother and son.
You are so thrilled to have the privilege of sharing a birthday with your newest sibling. I hope you will always remember how excited you are and how special you feel to share this day- and that April 7th will always be a day you look forward to every year. I know that you will be a huge help to me and your new brother or sister. I am so excited to watch you shine as a big brother once again. For sure, this kid will admire you and look up to you just like Ray and Savannah do.
Thank you for being such a good example to me of love and fairness and service and kindness and compassion. I love you!
Love,
mom
Happy Birthday Nolan! April 7th is the best day of the year, I am sure of it :) Only the coolest people are born on April 7th!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you and your family tomorrow! Can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl! There is such an undescribable feeling after holding another baby that you created after you have lost one. I think it hits you even harder what a miracle they really are!
Happy Birthday, Nolan! I hope you get some sleep tonight, Amy. :)
ReplyDelete