Thursday, May 20, 2010

i did it.

today is the fifth day that i have enjoyed the island of kauai.

today we spent 12 hours away from our cottage.

today we drove all over the island to many, many sights.

today we went to costco twice.

today i took 124 pictures.

today is the 12,000th-ish day i have been deathly afraid of deep water.

today is the first day i have been swimming in the open ocean of hawaii.

today i went snorkeling.

today was awesome.

tomorrow i will post today’s pictures.

5 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! I love this post. Way to go on conquering a fear! Sounds like this vacation is turning out to be The Best Vacation Ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Good for you.

    I was wondering, does Costco have the same food court menu or do they have special Hawaiian items?

    ReplyDelete
  3. good ?? sarah. I 2nd that question.

    And is it sad I immediately started singing the "dora" song, "we did it" as soon as I read the title?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great!! I was worried you would spend so much time with the book and miss out on all the fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. five days already? sounds like a dream. i didn't know you had water-related fears. i am very freaked out by large bodies of water. and closed-down water parks. btw, i would have paid money to see you walking in your snorkeling gear =). keep enjoying what is left of your vacation.

    ReplyDelete

yes, please.