Saturday, April 25, 2009

NAW!

2009 01 259

Savannah is fascinated with her letters.  She loves to draw and color and write lots of different letter combinations.  She’s always impressed with her spelling skills when she brings me her paper with 20 letters written in a line on it and asks, “Mom, what did I spell?”  To which I usually give a valiant effort to see some organization of letters in her writing that resemble a word.  A big smile comes across her face as she thinks about how smart she is for spelling a word without even meaning to!

One day, she brought me her paper, and- among other letters- I noticed the letters N-A-W in a row.  I quickly drew on that strength and said, “You spelled NOW.  Good job.” 

She got all excited as soon as her brain recognized the word she’d spelled. 

“You mean like what you say all the time to me, mom?  NOW!  Savannah, right NOW!!  Like that, mom?”

um, yes.  that would be the word that i use all the time. 

Technorati Tags:

2 comments:

  1. lucy gets a total kick out of combining a random string of letters and asking me what she wrote. the longer the creation, the harder she laughs. i'm sure s's {too lazy to go back and take notice of how her name is really spelled} teacher appreciates you teaching her that now is spelled naw =).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome she's so enthused about writing! :-D

    ReplyDelete

yes, please.